Went to see Wynonna Judd last night with the Honolulu Symphony Pops. She seemed surprisingly upbeat considering what's been going on with her lately. She was funny and very sincere. She sang a couple of old school tunes like "At Last" and "L-O-V-E" and I was surprised how well she pulled them off. She's actually really good at singing that kind of music. We did get some classic Judds when she sang "Love Can Build a Bridge." At the end she even sang an interesting rendition of "Ave Maria." Wynonna's got a fabulous voice, but one thing I will say is that she needs some major fashion advice. I know she doesn't have the best figure in the world to work with, but I bet Clinton and Stacey from What Not To Wear would love to get their hands on her. She wore this sparkly black outfit with one of those classic Wynonna long jackets. The problem was that the jacket didn't button and she looked like a sausage in there!! Bless her heart.
Did you know that Honolulu has a Bluegrass scene?? I didn't either. But, last night a bluegrass band called The Saloon Pilots opened for Wynonna. They played with the orchestra and were great. The banjo player was fabulous. What is a Saloon Pilot you ask? Well, apparently it is some kind of cracker. ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment