Sunday, October 19, 2008

Samford Tailgate

We tailgated with Dad at the Samford v. Appalachian State game. It was fun to see old friends and professors! Jane Ritchie had a great time running around.

I have to admit I got kind of teary eyed being back there. It started when Steve and Jenifer Worley came by. They had been down his fraternity house to see it for the last time because it is being torn down. They had not been back to Samford in 9 years. It definitely is a special place. Some who were with us and went to schools that shall remain nameless, couldn't believe that I actually remembered my college professors! Ha! That's why I love Samford.










Even little Tyler McCrory got in on the campaign action!




2 comments:

Me on Metatrophin said...

Follow these great directions for using a signature on your Blogger posts:

1. Go to http://www.mylivesignature.com/ and design your signature.
2. Go through the whole process and at the end it will have the option to generate the code. Copy that.
3. Go to your blog's Settings.
4. Click on Formatting.
5. Paste the code in Post Template.
6. Ta-Da... your own personalized signature. It will come up at the top of your posts, so just type your post above it!

LOVE your blog! Gives me something else great to read! I love Sarah, too! Can't get Facebook at school, but I have more to say on that topic! Catch you later!!

Me on Metatrophin said...

What house are they tearing down??

I agree with you about loving SU because of the ability to remember your professors. After all these years, Todd is still in regular contact with his mentor, Dr. W.M. Howell, Professor of Biology extrordinaire! Todd was his undergraduate assistant for 2 semesters and also a student in many of his courses. Dr. Howell is pretty much responsible for Todd's career choice and success in Medical Genetics. He has encouraged and assisted Todd many times since 1996. Would you get that at a big school? I won't say I didn't ENJOY going to Tuscaloosa for grad school, though.....

Locations of visitors to this page