Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surprise!



I'm back!!   Sorry I have been away from blogging for so long.     The blog has been neglected because I feel like everyone keeps up through Facebook now.    But, alas, I realize that not EVERYONE is on Facebook.    Prepare yourself for a long blog post....

Things are going fine here in Montgomery.  Jane Ritchie got tubes in her ears a couple of weeks ago so we are ALL much happier!   She is talking up a storm and has started singing some of her Kindermusik songs.   If she fusses in the car, all we have to do is play the Kindermusik cd and she is happy!  

It snowed in Montgomery as you can see from the above picture.  

Here is a cute Easter wreath I made.  It is made with those Jordan almonds.  I hope the ants don't get it.



My next door neighbor Tait, gave me the best idea.   I was always worried about what to do with all the lovely Christmas card pictures we get every year.  You don't want to throw away pictures of people's kids but then the cards just sit in a drawer somewhere.   Well, every year Tait makes these cute Christmas card books of all the cards they receive.   At Christmas time she pulls them out as part of her decorations.    Tait is an expert scrapbooker, so her books are really nice.   She finished her 2008 book a week after Christmas....and it is March and I am still working on mine!    Here is a picture of some of my pages.


I got my other project idea from Family Fun magazine.   We had tons of United airline miles to use up and so we subscribed to all kinds of magazines.  The Family Fun magazine really has some cool stuff in it.  It actually inspired me to make an "idea" book because it has lots of ideas regarding kids that I was worried I would forget!   Anyway, I saved all the cards we received when Jane Ritchie was born.   They were all so cute and sweet and since Paul was not there I wanted to save them so he could see how many people were happy that Jane Ritchie had arrived.   All you do is buy binder rings at the office supply store, punch a hole in the top corner of the card and stick the cards on the ring.   I've decided to do it with all the cards we receive now.   I told Paul I was going to make one for our Valentine cards that we give each other and he said, "You save all those???"   ha!    Here is a picture.



We took Jane Ritchie to her first Mardi Gras in Mobile in February.   It was great fun.  We had a blast hanging out with old friends, as well as May May and Grandaddy.  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your own blog. :) When did you get so crafty???? Cute projects!! I think you can import your blog posts into facebook somehow so you dont have to post twice. Are you going to blog about idol again?

Locations of visitors to this page