Monday, July 26, 2010

"WASHINGTON, DC!!!!!!!"

I took the kids up to D.C. a few weeks ago.  It was great because it was a non-stop flight from Jacksonville to Reagan National and once I got everyone settled on the plane, our next stop was D.C.!   Jane Ritchie was great on the flight.  I realized that for such a short flight I brought too many things for her to do.  So, on the way home I only brought her Ipod.   Yes, she has a better Ipod than I do and she can totally use it to watch her movies and tv shows!     As we were landing she looked out the window and spotted the Capitol.  She yelled out "Washington, DC!!!!!"    She also looked out and saw the wing of the plane and said, "Mommy, the wings aren't flapping!!!"   All in all, I think she enjoyed flying. 

The first two days we spent babysitting cousin Gracie.  She was sooooo good!   We made several trips over to Gan's office and everyone was so glad to meet Jim Beau.   Aunt Ruthie took us out to Lake Burke where we road the train and the carousel.  We also went to Baltimore to meet Jane Ritchie's friend Evy at the Discovery Museum.  Evy moved from Georgia to Annapolis.

Jane Ritchie really loved riding the train to and from the Senate office buildings and the Capitol.  She met several other Senators or "Gan Gan's friends", and also James Rosen from Fox News.

We also went out to Middletown to spend the night with Grandma Marty and Papa Bo.  Jane Ritchie loved playing with all of Grandma Marty's dolls!  

All in all, it was a great trip and very easy travel compared to having to drive somewhere with these two by myself.   The only bad part was that Paul missed it!

Checking out Gan's desk

visiting Gan's office

the rocker that JR hated.  Jim Beau  loved it!

Jane Ritchie helping babysit Grace!


No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page