Monday, September 3, 2007

Jane Ritchie's First Trip

Jane Ritchie's first trip (to Singapore to see her Daddy) went exceptionally well. I was not worried about taking her to Singapore because I know it is a first rate place, but I was terribly worried about traveling 18 hours with a 7 week old. I must say that I have heard alot of complaints about United Airlines lately and that was another thing that worried me. Turns out, however, the United international flights are fabulous. It helped that I was bumped to business class for three out of the four flights. But, even when I was in coach, I thought the service was great. Everyone is so nice to you when you have a baby on a plane!

I had no idea, but they actually have two kinds of bassinets for babies to use on the planes. One of them attaches to a certain place on the bulkhead wall and the other is just a zip up box of sorts that sits on the floor. Here is Jane Ritchie chillin' in her United Airlines bassinet. It was GREAT not to have to hold her the whole time. Like Beyonce, she's an independent woman. She likes to stretch her legs.




When we finally made it to Singapore at around midnight, Jane Ritchie was sound asleep! I felt bad that she did not open her eyes to meet her Daddy, but he was still very very happy to see her.



Jane Ritchie was so excited to see her daddy that she didn't want to sleep much that night!!!

Singapore was great. I highly recommend it as a travel destination. It rained alot while we were there. I felt like I was in Mobile! But, other than that, it was a great trip. We did some shopping and eating and shopping and eating. Jane Ritchie is a good shopper! We also went to the zoo, which would have been better if it hadn't poured down rain on us. But, I got to feed the crazy kangaroos, which was fun.



This hippo has the Blackshear butt!



To see more pics from our trip, including some cute ones of Jane Ritchie, go to
http://picasaweb.google.com/maryabigail808

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you have to put the Blackshear butt on there???

Mary Frances said...

Amazing! Glad you enjoyed the trip, and I can't believe you were able to get that close to the kangaroos...very cool!!

Anonymous said...

Well, gal, you don't have the butt! You are looking fantastic! Great pics of darling Jane Ritchie, Paul and all of Singapore! Thanks for taking the time and effort to share. SMK

Locations of visitors to this page