Friday, February 22, 2008

Dreams dashed...

I'm sure there are many disappointments in the life of a mother, but I'm convinced today that one of the biggest is when you get confused on which day you have a babysitter....or worse, if one cancels at the last minute.

I thought our new daytime babysitter was starting this afternoon, but I just realized that it is not until next week. ugh! I even took a shower today in preparation to go out of the house looking somewhat decent. My dreams of going to the grocery store alone and coming home with time to cook dinner for a friend who had a baby are crushed! Oh well, I'll just have to strap Jane Ritchie in the shopping cart and hope she takes a good afternoon nap so I can get these chores done. Thank goodness she is such a good little girl who is content (most of the time) in her exersaucer playing with a spoon!

I guess the one good thing is that now when the sitter comes next Friday it will feel like a really special treat!!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page